28.7.08

Hair and skin

On Saturday morning, Rob and I were brought into another world... the world of caring for black skin and hair. We are so blessed that Bethany, our agency, gives workshops on this sort of information. We were given two packed hours on what kinds of products to use, when to use them, and how to do make them work for our child's physical and emotional benefit. Of course, during the workshop I couldn't think of any questions; however, not all of the new information had sunk in. Thankfully, we saw our cousins, who have two sons adopted from Africa, and the boys' mother was able to review for me. (Thanks Auntie Kelly!) For our son's/daughter's arrival home, we will want the following products on hand: Dove body-wash, baby oil gel, Motions shampoo, and Pink oil. We were so excited after the seminar that we went out and bought a bottle of Pink oil already. We also got some pomade for future hair sculpting, which Rob will use for now.

I love learning. I love finding out how to make people more comfortable... most of the time. With our child, this process will be life-long, and it's fun to have already begun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Just wanted to give you some info. I just ran into on th Acres of Hope Yahoo group regarding skin and hair care. It is a website called braidsbeadstruth.wordpress.com/ It has been very educational for me so far, though I haven't looked at the whole thing yet. It mentions Neutrogena's Triple Moisture shampoo and conditioner and I may just try it because although I like what I am currently using, there is always room for improvement!! I'll let you know what I think.:o)
waiting on pins and needles,
Auntie Kelly