14.7.08

Frustrated

From the forum, I know that there are now 31 dossiers (total... not just of those that participate in the forum) in Ethiopia. We still do not know where ours is. I can only pray (And would you too?) that ours was sent on Friday, as I know that one family's dossier did leave for Ethiopia on that day. Maybe our papers are travelling together.

God does know what He's doing. I have to recognize that He knows best. I just know that there are a lot of people along the way that affect our situation who may not be doing their best. I'm starting to contradict myself, aren't I?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I know this verse, and I read it thinking of us and of our child and his/her birthparents; however, I know that there is so much more involved... AND that I'm taking this verse out of context to try to calm myself. If you continue reading, you get: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you." "The plans" are those of salvation, no? "... and will bring you back from captivity" (in Babylon, who is the one who entices us even through the book of Revelation).

Dependence. Connections. Ay.

No comments: