13.10.08

Here and now vs. there and then

"Never commit your virtue or your happiness to the future. Happy work is best done by the man/woman who takes his/her long-term plans somewhat lightly and works from moment to moment “as to the Lord.” It is only our Daily Bread that we are encouraged to ask for. The present is the only time in which any duty can be done or any grace received." Lewis (The Weight of Glory)

This was recently posted on our friends' blogsite and... shoo! I needed to hear this again. Pastor Elie told me this, our Bible study friend told me this, and now here it is again. I do accept this to be true, but it's difficult to keep my mind in check. I am a dreamer. I have big plans.

Our child is not here right now and I need to be. My mind should not be in the future in Ethiopia. I need to be here right now. This is not easy.

No comments: