26.10.08

Gateway to Africa

Each month, our church holds a Global Gateway luncheon in honor of a certain part of the world. Today it was Africa. There were people from our church from Ghana, Zimbabwe, a large group from Nigeria, Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and of course Ethiopia. And then anyone of us not from Africa, but with some connection or interest, was also invited.

Although soon I'll be an honorary Ethiopian, today I was brought into the Nigerian family. While the parents were busy serving food and singing, the kids and I worked on our outline maps of Africa. Really, between the kids and me, we did well... except for the islands. I actually don't believe that most of the islands were even drawn onto the map. That's the competitive student/teacher in me talking!

I am so thankful for our church and the diversity of its body. I can't wait to introduce Baby Ethiopia into its mix!

No comments: