27.1.09

Something practical

It's been a while since Rob and I have been able to do something practical towards our adoption, since we're waiting, waiting... Today, however, we get to go in for our homestudy update. Our immigration paper is going to expire in the next couple of months and so we are starting to work towards its extension. It's such a small event, but it's exciting. Have I become an adoption nerd? I mean, I've been nerdy all of my life, so I guess that it just follows. Ha!

While we're meeting with our social worker, we're going to give her our phone numbers again, but in the order that we'd like them called, when that momentous event does happen. I think that we'll go: my cell, Rob's cell, Rob's office. Ah!

Other than that, we're just doing happy dances when other families move forward and I'm reading more about Ethiopia. The past two books that I've gotten from the library have been too dry to get past the first chapter, but I'm determined to push through most of A History of Modern Ethiopia by Badru Zewde. I figure that I read plenty of boring texts while in school, so I should be able to do this now.

Waiting, waiting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read and follow in your excitment of adoption. We just sent in our application to AGCI today and I'm a nervous reck. If you read others blogs like me, could you please check mine out. I often post questions and would love to have your reponse.

Margaret and Cordel said...

It is getting closer!!! :)