24.6.09

A shower!

Yesterday was my last day of work outside of the home for some time. Strange. And what a day! Outside for eight hours in about two hundred degrees! Shoo. At about five minutes to four, my boss, who actually had the day off, called my work phone and said, "I know that you are dying out there. Come in for some ice cream." I agreed, but then I immediately felt badly: I can't eat ice cream. So, while walking the two blocks into the building, I was devising a plan of how I could be social and cover up the fact that I couldn't eat the treat.

Well, I walked into the break-room, and, "Surprise!" All of the company's ladies were sitting there in a circle. We began with M taking photos of my surprised face and then we turned our attention to the cake. It had a flawless Ethiopian flag on it and said, "Welcome home ___, into loving arms." It was THE most delicious cake EVER, homemade by S., a small part of which you see here:



While everyone was eating and raving about the cake, I turned to the gifts. I was and still am overwhelmed. The generosity of my co-workers is amazing. There was an entire box, filled with baby clothes, blankets, bibs, hats, a hand-knit blanket with a little monkey face on it, and a book. We also received an activity mat because, "you won't be able to carry him around all day," so the ladies say. Ha! Then, there was the adorable stroller which you see here, which had a blue piggy bank sitting in the seat, already started:



Rob and I are so grateful. Thank you all so much. Thank you so much, A.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

AWWWW...AMY! How sweet! The stroller is just so cute!!!! How are you doing? Getting all ready to travel???

orangewave said...

what a wonderful surprise! Baby G is already so loved! Can't wait to meet him!!! Zach and I are praying for safe travels.