11.3.09

Eight months: swollen ankles and sore hips

Aren't those common conditions for someone who's eight months along into waiting to have a baby? Ha! Adoption is a bit different, thankfully, and my main concern at eight months is all of the daydreaming that I do. Will our child have those large, almond-shaped eyes? How much curly-curly hair will (s)he already have? Since we only have a shower, with no tub, where will we do baths? Am I going to have to use bottles or will we just skip to sippy-cups? Will (s)he fit nicely into the sling that I made and like riding around in it? Will I really be able to use the cloth diapers that I want to or will my super-strong gag-reflex prevent it? Where should this baby sleep once we just get home? Ah, yes, daydreaming. I'll take it any day over swollen ankles and sore hips!

2 comments:

Margaret and Cordel said...

:) So sweet!!!! Praying your wait comes swiftly to an end!!!

Anonymous said...

All those things a mother wonders! You summed it up perfectly. :) We can't wait to get your call! T :)