19.5.08

On Wisconsin!



My sister's graduation from UW-Madison was this past Sunday. The family drove in from the north, east, and west and flew in from the Cali-coast... and all met up at the Kohl center for the ceremony. As Rob and I walked down the stadium stairs to meet up with the rest of the family, we saw K down on the floor, so we continued down to her. Then I saw the sweet surprise and of course started to cry. K had ordered an Ethiopian stole to wear over her gown in honor of our future child. A lot of the kids with African heritage do this, proudly wearing the colors of their past. My sister, instead, wore the colors of our future. The rest of the family knew that she had prepared this and had all kept it for a surprise for Rob and me. After the festivities, K gave the satin stole to us for our child's room... as a reminder of his/her home country and as a reminder of a future goal. Will I be a Badger parent? On Wisconsin!

1 comment:

Uncle Matty said...

Graduate.... AAAAAAA...(clap,clap,clap).

Up the K K.

Proudly,
Broham Matty.