12.4.08

A miracle

So, Rob and I needed the reference letter from our friends in Chicago notarized... in Wisconsin. First, this meant that our friends had to come and sign their letter in Wisconsin, which meant that they had to sacrifice time and gas. Second, this meant that we needed to find a notary in Kenosha, on a Saturday, before noon.

Rob dropped me off at Starbucks, in order to wait for our friends, while he went around checking at banks for a notary. He was not having any luck, as every bank said that we "had to be members" in order for their notary to take 1 minute to sign and stamp our papers. Once our friends arrived at Starbucks, I began telling them the dilemma, and then... out of nowhere, the employee greeting customers at the door said, "My wife is a notary. Do you want me to call her?" I started to cry instantly, and our friend took over, making the introductions and asking him please to call his wife.

This wonderfully kind woman took time out of her Saturday to come over and sign and stamp our paper. Thank you to her! Thank you to her eavesdropping husband! And, thank you to God for orchestrating the entire affair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
This so reminds me of our first adoption experience. If anything can go wrong, it will. And there are a million things that come up, which you will at first cry over, and then after it happens so often, you will learn to laugh. I promise. But it just makes that moment of holding that precious child so much more amazing and fulfilling, like a baby after years of trying to get pregnant. Anyways, your story made me smile. Kelly

Anonymous said...

God is good!!